In 1831, Young & Bainbridge bought the Ram brewery from Tritton, who had owned the freehold for this site. The earlier pub on the site, the Ram, was replaced with this building after the major 1881 fire at the brewery damaged the earlier Ram Inn. This was again damaged in WWII. The pub was called the Ram until being re-named the Brewery Tap in 1974.
We have taken it back to the The Ram Inn to celebrate this amazing historic site. We have created a pub that is a celebration of what we interpret as a ‘proper pub’.